Bonide Sun and Shade Grass Seed
Bonide Sun and shade DuraTurf mix of premium grass seed is specially formulated improved turf grass varieties for full sun or shade. Spreads quickly to repair thin and bare spots. Bonide Sun and Shade Grass Seed is our most versatile mix. Great all purpose blend.
Bonide has selected the best grass seed varieties to use in all of our grass seed mixes. With this mix you will be getting a self repairing, drought tolerant, disease and insect resistant lawn. This will ensure you the thick, healthy, dark green lawn you desire.
Have questions about our lawn and garden products? The friendly staff at D&D Feed & Supply is here to help you find the right products. Contact us or visit our local store in Tomball, Texas.
NEW GRASS (¾ lbs. covers 150 sq. ft.)
1) Prepare the soil by removing all the debris including thatch, and then rake to loosen and smooth the soil.
2) Spread the seed evenly using a drop, rotary or hand held spreader according to the recommended spreader settings. We recommend using Bonide Lawn Seed Starter Fertilizer to get your new lawn off to a healthy and strong start.
After applying the seed and fertilizer, gently rake the newly seeded area into the soil.
3) Watering is very important when establishing a newly seeded lawn. Keep the soil moist by lightly watering as necessary until the sprouts get 2 to 3 inches tall. When the new grass grows to a height of 2 ½ to 3 inches, it should be cut for the first time.
4) Once established, use Bonide’s Four Phase
lawn care program for best results.
OVERSEEDING (¾ lbs. covers 300 sq. ft.)
1) Mow grass and rake to remove dead grass/debris and to expose the soil. The grass seed should be in contact with the soil.
2) Follow NEW GRASS directions above, steps 2 and 3.