Big V Heritage Race Horse (14-10)
- Brand: Big V
- Product Code: 18379
- Weight : 50.00lb
- Availability: 2-3 Days
Heritage feeds are designed with the horse in mind and with only quality ingredients formulated using a fixed ingredient approach to insure a consistent nutritional product. Whether your horse is a companion pet, broodmare, growing foal, or competes in equine events, Heritage has the feed to provide the balanced nutrition needed to excel and maintain proper growth.
Textured Nutritional Package
- A texted blend of oats, pellets and corn wrapped in molasses and soybean oil that provides energy to the horse at different rates for controlled energy release.
- Increased energy density with soybean oil to improve stamina and delay onset of fatigue in competing horses.
- A textured feed ensures acceptance and palatability, plus the textured form encourages salivation which may help aid in digestion.
Performance and Growth
- Contains guaranteed amino acids lysine and methionine which serve as building blocks of quality protein needed for cellular building blocks of enzymes, hormones, tissues and skeletal framework necessary for growing and performing horses.
- Remember, young growing horses and pregnant mares are more sensitive to protein quality than mature horses because of the physiological differences.
- Adequate intake of balanced minerals in bioavailable forms and vitamins with natural tocopherols helps to ensure normal cell function, antioxidant protection of membranes and structural tissue integrity.
- Minerals play a critical role in numerous metabolic functions including immunity, reproduction, lactation, growth and development.
- Negative effects from stress are reduced when horses have adequate trace mineral status and consuming a balanced diet with readily available minerals.
Digestive Environment Stability
- Stable direct-fed microbials and Saccharomyces cerevisiae (yeast culture) aid in providing a well-balanced and diverse intestinal mirobiome that help protect against intestinal disorders or generalized infections from intestinal origin.
- Research has reported that when fed certain strains of bacteria, the activity of the immune systems increases.
Healthy Hair Coat, Skin, and Hooves
- Highly palatable source of fat from soybean oil and flaxseed (sources of Omega-3) that helps provide extra calories for maintaining body condition, help promote healthy coat condition, maintain healthy membranes and provide antioxidants.
- B vitamins to help promote and regulate several body functions, and added biotin to provide hoof strength and integrity.
|Crude Protein||Min 14.00%|
|Crude Fat||Min 10.00%|
|Crude Fiber||Max 7.00%|
|Calcium (Ca)||Min 0.85% Max 1.35%|
|Phosphorus (P)||Min 0.65%|
|Copper (Cu)||Min 50 PPM|
|Selenium (Se)||Min 0.50 PPM|
|Zinc (Zn)||Min 185 PPM|
|Vitamin A||Min 5,500 IU/lb.|
|Vitamin D||Min 650 IU/lb.|
|Vitamin E||Min 140 IU/lb.|
|Biotin||Min 0.32 mg/lb.|
The feeding chart is intended as a guide for feeding Heritage 14% Textured Horse Feed.
|Mature Horses:||Lb. Feed Per 100 lb BW|
|Maintenance/ Early Gestation||0.3 - 0.50|
|Light work/ Last 1/3 lactation||0.60 - 0.80|
|Stallions||0.60 - 0.80|
|Medium Work||0.90 - 1.1|
|Heavy Work||1.0 - 1.5|
|Lactating Horses:||Lb. Feed Per 100 lb BW|
|Foaling—3 months||1.0 - 1.5|
|3 months—weaning||0.8 - 1.2|
|Growing Horses:||Lb. Feed Per 100 lb BW|
|Weanlings||1.0 - 1.5|
|Yearlings||1.0 - 1.25|
|2 Year Olds||0.6 - 1.0|
Big V Heritage Race Horse 14-10 textured is formulated for a variety of equine. It is appropriate feed for yearlings, mares, stallions, mature pleasure and performance (moderate & intense activity) horses.
We strive to give you the best prices and personal service in the business. Call us or stop by our store to learn more about how our friendly staff can help you find the right horse feed and ranch supplies.
Tags: Professional Horse