Mazuri Ratite Starter 5M32
Mazuri Ratite Starter 5M32 Diet is a complete ratite food. It is specifically formulated to get newly hatched emus and ostriches off to a healthy start.
Have questions about feeding and caring for your exotic animals? The friendly staff at D&D Feed & Supply is here to help you find the right products. Contact us or visit our local store in Tomball, Texas.
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Ash not more than
Moisture not more than
Calcium not less than
Calcium not more than
Phosphorus not less than
Salt not less than
Salt not more than
- Emus - Feed 5M32 to newly hatched emus until birds reach adult body weight. Feed free-choice or limit-feed to 75% of free-choice consumption depending on facilities and accessibility of chicks to facility.
- Ostriches - Feed 5M32 free-choice to newly hatched ostrich chicks until approximately 90 days of age or until they reach a body weight of 70 lb., whichever comes first.
- Grit - Use of grit may help in decreasing the incidence of impactions by strengthening the gizzard. Granite grit should be used. Do not use limestone as a source of grit. Grit can be made available to the birds as soon as they are hatched. Mix grit in with the feed (1.5% by weight, example: for every 98 grams of feed, mix in 2 grams of grit). Change the grit size as the animals grow.
- General recommendation for grit use:
- Hatch to 3 weeks - 2/16" grit (starter size)
- 4 to 7 weeks - 3/16" to 4/16" length, 2/16" width grit (grower size)
- 8 to 16 weeks - 6/16" to 8/16" length, 4/16" width (developer size)
- 16 weeks on - 10/16" to 14/16" length, 6/16" width (turkey size)