Sunglo Calf Finisher
Sunglo Show Calf Finisher promotes efficient weight gain and desired finish in show cattle. A complete textured formula for the final feeding phase of approximately 120 days.
Want to learn more about feed and supplements for your Show projects? The friendly staff at D&D Feed & Supply is here to help you find the right products. Contact us or visit our local store in Tomball, Texas.
West Coast Formula:
- Sunglo® Show Calf Finisher should be introduced a minimum of 120 days before your final show date. The actual starting date for this feed will depend on breed, weight, maturity, age and desired level of finish for your calf.
- We recommend feeding Sunglo® Show Calf Grower during the growing period up to 900 lbs., allowing a minimum of 120 days before the final show date before switching to Sunglo® Show Calf Finisher.
- Transition slowly from one ration to another to minimize risk of digestive upsets.
- Feed should be completely consumed before next feeding. Do not allow feed to build up in bunk and get moldy.
- Remove any feed not consumed and reduce the amount of feed in proportion to the amount left over.
- Similarly, increase the amount of feed when feed is completely consumed before the next feeding, but limit this increase to one pound or less per feeding.
- Decrease the daily allotment of Sunglo® calf feed by 2-4 lbs.
- Add Sunglo® Full Tank™ and feed at a rate of 1-5 lbs. per head per day to meet desired weight gain.
- To increase energy try half Sunglo® Show Calf Developer and half Sunglo® Show Calf Finisher.
- Add 1-3 lbs. of Sunglo® LiquaFAT™ to meet desired finish.
- Also be sure to check out Sunglo® Man Up or Show Cattle Explosion for maximizing your calf's potential in the finishing stage.