Sunglo Calf Grower Show Calf
Sunglo® Show Calf Grower is the right choice to help your cattle grow, develop and stay on feed. Advanced protein, amino acid blends, and the time-tested Sunglo vitamin and mineral pack ensure your cattle are getting the best.
Want to learn more about feed and supplements for your Show projects? The friendly staff at D&D Feed & Supply is here to help you find the right products. Contact us or visit our local store in Tomball, Texas.
West Coast Formula:
- At the start of the feeding period, fill calves on hay and gradually introduce Sunglo® Show Calf Grower over time the first day, divided into two equal feedings.
- Once calves are on full feed, Sunglo® Show Calf Grower should be hand fed in equal feedings twice a day.
- Feed Calf Grower from weaning up to approximately 900 lbs, depending on your calf. Then it's time to think about switching to either Sunglo® Calf Developer or Sunglo® Calf Finisher, depending on their energy and fiber requirements.
- Transition slowly from one ration to another to minimize risk of digestive upsets.
- Feed should be completely consumed before next feeding. Do not allow feed to build up in bunk and get moldy.
- Remove any feed not consumed and reduce the amount of feed in proportion to the amount left over.
- Similarly, increase the amount of feed when feed is completely consumed before the next feeding, but limit this increase to one pound or less per feeding.
- Decrease the daily allotment of Sunglo® Show Calf Feed by 2-4 lbs.,
- Add Sunglo® Full Tank™ and feed at a rate of 1-5 lbs. per head per day to meet desired weight gain.
- To increase energy, feed half Sunglo® Show Calf Developer and half Sunglo® Show Calf Finisher.
- Add 1-3 lbs. of Sunglo® LiquaFAT™ to reach desired finish.